Here's a veganized version of a classic chicken recipe. I used soy curls, which is my go to ingredient for recipes that would traditionally use chicken. Creamy mushroom sauce made with white wine makes for a rich, savory dish. Yum.
**Note Walmart's website list of ingredients for their Eggless Ribbons is incorrect(I've told them at least a half dozen times). The ingredients on the package, do not include egg whites, are correct. Meijer also sells an eggless noodle if you have one of those nearby.
1/2 bag Butler Soy Curls
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
8 oz eggless noodles
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 lb mushrooms, sliced thick
6 Tbsp vegan butter, divided
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 large shallots, thinly sliced
1.5 cups 'no chicken' vegetable broth
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tsp cornstarch
1. In a bowl, soak soy curls in boiled water for 10 minutes. Drain and pat dry. In another bowl combine the flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Toss soy curls in flour mixture to coat. Shake off excess flour.
2. Cook eggless noodles according to package directions. Toss with 2 Tbsp vegan butter and 2 Tbsp chopped parsley. Keep warm.
3. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 2 Tbsp vegan butter with 1 Tbsp olive oil. Add the coated soy curls and cook until lightly browned, about 5 to 6 minutes. Remove soy curls from skillet and keep warm.
4. Add remaining 2 Tbsp vegan butter to the skillet. Saute the mushrooms until browned and the moisture is released approximately 5 minutes. Stir in the shallots and saute until softened approximately 3 to 4 minutes. Add the minced garlic and sauté for 30 seconds to release the aromatics. Pour the wine into the skillet and cook to burn off the alcohol, approximately 2 minutes. Stir in chicken flavored vegetable broth, mustard, thyme and coconut milk. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Dissolve cornstarch in 2 Tbsp water then stir into skillet. Bring back to low boil then return soy curls to skillet. Continue to simmer for 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve over buttered eggless noodles. Sprinkle with additional parsley is desired.