Have you had the opportunity to try Soy Curls yet? These versatile, protein packed little beauties cook up quickly for a nutritious chicken substitute you'll want to use often. This Taco Tuesday dish is equally delish without the cilantro slaw. Use your favorite taco ingredients and toppings but be sure to use the spice blend...yum.
1/2 bag(4 oz) soy curls
2–3 cups shredded cabbage
8 small tortillas (corn or flour)
Vegan cheese, shredded(optional)
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp water
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1/4 cup cilantro leaves
1large clove garlic, minced
1/4 tsp salt
1 lime, juiced
1/4 cup vegan sour cream
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp sea salt
1. Soak soy curls in 1.5 cups hot water for 10 minutes. Drain, squeeze liquid out and pat dry. Combine spice mix ingredients then toss with soy curls.
2. Pulse all the sauce ingredients in a food processor or blender until mostly smooth.
3. Toss some of the sauce with the cabbage until well coated. Reserving leftover sauce to top the tacos.
4. In a large skillet over medium high heat, heat 1 Tbsp oil. Add the seasoned soy curls and saute until cooked through and browned, approximately 6 to 8 minutes.
5. Build tacos with slaw, soy curls, vegan cheese and drizzle with extra sauce and lime juice. I served my tacos with yellow rice and avocado slices.