Since vegan vodka sauce is so simple to make, no need to fret over not being able to find vegan friendly jarred vodka sauce. With vodka, 'less is more' so you only need a little to bring out the flavor. Be sure to use peeled whole tomatoes and blend/process yourself to ensure you're getting high quality tomatoes.
1 lb Rigatoni or pasta of choice
28 oz can whole peeled tomatoes
1 Tbsp vegan butter
2 shallots, or 1 small onion, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 Tbsp tomato paste
1/4 cup vodka
3/4 cup non-dairy creamer
2/3 cup vegan parmesan cheese, shredded
Handful of fresh basil leaves
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions. Set aside and keep warm. Place tomatoes in a food processor or blender and blend until mostly smooth, leaving some small chunks. Tear or chop basil leaves.
2. While pasta is cooking, place a large skillet over medium heat with the vegan butter. Once melted, sauté shallots/onions until translucent, approximately 4 to 5 minutes. Season well with salt. Add garlic and continue to sauté another minute. Add tomato paste and red pepper flakes and continue to cook another minute. Pour in vodka to deglaze skillet then continue to cook until alcohol has cooked off, approximately 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes. Bring to a boil then lower heat to simmer. Simmer for 7 to 8 minutes.
4. Stir in plant-based creamer and return to simmer and continue to simmer 8 to 10 minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
5. Remove from heat. Stir in vegan parmesan cheese and most of the basil. Once well mixed, add pasta. Stir until all pasta well coated. *if sauce is too thick, add a little reserved pasta water.
6. Serve topped with remaining basil and sprinkle with additional vegan parmesan.