Simple & quick recipe adapted from Purple Carrot. In this recipe, rapini and butternut squash are sautéed with gnocchi then tossed with dried cranberries and toasted hazelnuts. Of course any dried fruit and nuts of choice would be equally delish as would kale instead of rapini. No rules, just yum.
16 oz vegan gnocchi
1/4 cup vegan butter, divided
1/4 cup hazelnuts, roughly chopped
4 cups butternut squash, 1/2" cubes
1 bunch rapini (broccoli rabe), trimmed and cut into 2" pieces
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1. COOK gnocchi in boiling water until they float to the surface approximately 3 to 4 minutes. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water. Drain gnocchi and set aside.
2. Add 1 Tbsp vegan butter to a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Once melted, add chopped hazelnuts and cook until fragrant and lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove nuts and set aside.
3. Return the skillet to medium-high heat with remaining vegan butter. Sauté butternut squash and rapini with a pinch of salt and pepper, stirring occasionally, until butternut squash is fork-tender and vegetables are well browned approximately 6 minutes.
4. Add the gnocchi to the skillet with the vegetables and cook, tossing occasionally, until browned in places, 4 to 6 minutes. Add reserved pasta water and white balsamic vinegar to the skillet and cook until most of the water evaporates, less than 1 minute.
5. Add the dried cranberries to the skillet and toss. Cook until just heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add the chopped parsley. Toss to combine, then top with toasted hazelnuts before serving.