The secret to oven baked crispy French fries lies in soaking the potatoes in cold water then baking them at two different temperatures. I make these far too often lol.
1.5 lb russet potatoes(2 large), scrubbed
1.5 Tbsp olive oil
1.5 tsp paprika
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Cut potatoes into desired size then place in a bowl cold water. Drain, refill bowl with cold water and let potatoes soak for an hour.
2. Preheat oven to 375°F. Drain water and dry potatoes well with a towel.
3. Toss with oil, paprika, salt & pepper. Spread evenly in a single layer on a parchment paper lined baking sheet
4. Bake for 20 minutes. Increase oven temperature to 425°F. Continue to bake another fries 20-25 minutes.
5. Season with additional salt before serving.