Short on time and dread doing dishes? This simple one skillet dinner makes life easy. I used Fieldroast Artisan Italian sausages paired with baby potatoes, brussels sprouts and carrots seasoned with caraway seeds, then drizzled with maple-dijon cream. Yum.
4 Fieldroast Italian sausages, sliced
1 lb baby potatoes, halved or quartered
1 lb Brussels sprouts, trimmed & halved
3 large carrots, peeled & sliced
1 onion, quartered
1 Tbsp caraway seeds(or fennel seeds)
1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
3 Tbsp maple syrup
3 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1. Place a large nonstick skillet or cast iron pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 Tbsp vegetable oil to skillet. Cook sausage, tossing occasionally, until browned on both sides, approximately 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
2. Return the skillet to medium-high heat with a little more oil. Add the potatoes and cook 2 minutes then add brussels sprouts, carrots and onions. Sprinkle with caraway seeds and season well with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing occasionally, until charred in places, approximately 10 minutes.
3. Add 3/4 cup water, cover and reduce heat to medium. Allow vegetables to steam until tender, approximately 7 to 8 minutes.
4. While vegetables are cooking wisk together vegan mayonnaise, maple syrup and dijon mustard.
5. Return the sausage to the skillet and cook until heated through, about 1 to 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Serve drizzled with maple-dijon cream.