Another veganized version of a classic recipe. This simple dish doesn't have rules; use whatever you have on hand to whip up a quick dinner. I used vegan Italian sausages, potatoes, green pepper, carrots and mushrooms. I also used all-purpose seasoning I had made earlier(recipe included), but seasoning salt works as well. No rules, just yum.
1 lb potatoes, sliced into wedges
4 vegan Italian sausages, thickly sliced
1 onion, sliced into thick slices
1 green pepper, cut into thick chunks
2 carrots, peeled and sliced
8 oz mushrooms, quartered
1/4 cup water or vegan broth
3 Tbsp vegan butter
1 tsp all purpose seasoning(recipe below) or seasoned salt
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp fennel seeds (optional)
1. Boil potato wedges in a pot covered in 1" water, for 5 minutes. They should still have a good bite. Drain and place in refrigerator until step 4.
2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook vegan sausages in 1 Tbsp oil until browned on both sides, approximately 3 minutes per side. Remove to a medium bowl.
3. Add onions, peppers, carrots and mushrooms then sauté for about 8-10 minutes. Sprinkle with a little salt & pepper. Add water or broth, fennel seeds(optional) and stir to loosen up any brown bits from the pan. Once liquid has absorbed, remove mixture from skillet and add to bowl with the sausages.
4. Add vegan butter to pan and add all purpose seasoning or seasoned salt and paprika. Place potatoes in butter mixture and toss lightly to coat both sides then cook until potatoes are browned and cooked through, turn over once to brown both sides.
5. Add the sausage, peppers and onions back with the potatoes and stir lightly without breaking up the potatoes and serve.
ALL PURPOSE SEASONING
1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
1 Tbsp Himalayan salt
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp onion powder
1 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp ground pepper