Here's a simple old school pantry staples skillet dinner gone vegan with Fieldroast vegan sausage, plant-based butter and eggless noodles from Walmart. Fieldroast makes a variety of plant-based sausages; I used their Caramelized Onions & Beer Bratwurst sausages. If you don't have access to Walmart Eggless Ribbons, use any pasta you prefer. Want a more creamy noodle dish? Add 3/4 cup vegan sourcream and 1/4 pasta water in final step. Remember to build the flavor in this dish by seasoning each step with salt and pepper. Yum. **Note Walmart's website list of ingredients for their Eggless Ribbons is incorrect(I've told them at least a half dozen times). The ingredients on the package, do not include egg whites, are correct. Meijer also sells an eggless noodle if you have one of those nearby.
4 vegan sausages, sliced
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup vegan butter
1 large onion, diced
3 carrots, peeled & sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1.5 tsp paprika
1/2 head cabbage chopped
1 cup frozen peas
8 oz eggless noodles
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and stir in a little vegan butter or olive oil to keep from sticking; set aside. *if making creamy version, reserve 1/4 cup pasta water.
2. In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat with 1 Tbsp olive oil, cook sausage until browned on both sides, approximately 5 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
3. Return skillet to medium-high heat. Melt butter then sauté onion and carrots for 5 minutes. Season well with salt and pepper.
4. Stir in garlic and paprika and cook for 1 minute to release aromatics. Stir in cabbage and season again with salt and pepper. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally until tender, approximately 14 to 15 minutes.
5. Stir in peas and sausage. Then stir in noodles. Cook until heated through, approximately 3 minutes. *If making creamy version stir in 1/4 cup pasta water and 3/4 cup vegan sourcream. Taste once more and season to taste with additional salt and pepper.