Pantry meals don't have to be boring. With jarred roasted red peppers, cashews and sundried tomatoes, this delicious pasta dish is ready in a snap. Sometimes I add frozen peas because I'm like that, but you do you.
1/2 cup raw cashews
1 lb pasta of choice
1/4 cup sundried tomatoes in oil
1 Tbsp olive oil
3-4 garlic cloves, sliced
1 large shallot, sliced
14 oz jar roasted red peppers, drained
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
Vegan parmesan cheese(optional)
Red chili flakes (optional)
1. In a small bowl, soak cashews in 1 cup boiling water. Cook pasta according to package directions. If using peas, add 1 cup frozen peas to cooking pasta during last 2 minutes.
2. While pasta is cooking, drain oil from sundried tomatoes into a skillet, then place sundried tomatoes into a blender. Heat skillet over medium-high heat with 1 Tbsp olive oil. Once hot sauté garlic and shallots for 3 to 4 minutes. Season well with salt and pepper while cooking.
3. Transfer garlic and shallots to blender, including oil from the skillet. To blender add cashews and their soaking liquid, roasted red peppers, red wine vinegar, nutritional yeast a pinch of salt and pepper. Blend ingredients on high until smooth, about 2 minutes.
4. Pour sauce into skillet and heat over medium heat. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper to taste. Drain pasta then transfer to skillet with sauce and cook until heated through, approximately 2 minutes.
5. Serve sprinkled with vegan parmesan cheese and red chili flakes if desired.