It's Taco Tuesday and these delicious crispy fish tacos, without the fish using Gardeine Fishless Filets, are worth repeating. If you're looking for a fish fix, give them a try. This recipe makes enough for 10 tacos so halve the recipe if your feeding less mouths; or you could just have leftovers tomorrow.
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1-2 packages Gardein Fishless filets
1/2 cup vegan mayo
1 Tbsp chipotle in adobo sauce
1 Tbsp lime juice
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
1/2 cup vegan sour cream
1/2 cup tightly-packed fresh cilantro
1/4 cup freshly-squeezed lime juice
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
3 green onions- greens only
2 garlic cloves
8 cups shredded green & red cabbage (or coleslaw blend)
1. Preheat oven 425°F
2. Combine the following coleslaw dressing ingredients; vegan mayonnaise, vegan sour cream, cilantro, lime juice, onion greens, garlic, cumin and salt in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Toss dressing with the coleslaw mix, refrigerate.
3. Place Gardein filets on baking sheet. Sprinkle one side of filets with half the chili powder and half the cumin(if only using 1 package of filets, only use 1/4 tsp cumin and chili powder per side). Bake 12 minutes. Turn over and sprinkle filets with remaining chili powder and cumin. Bake another 12 minutes. Remove and set aside.
4. While fish baking, blend the chipotle crema ingredients until smooth. Set aside.
5. Warm tortillas shells wrapped in foil during last 5 minutes while fish baking.
6. Assemble fishless tacos with cilantro-lime slaw, sliced fishless filets and drizzled with chipotle crema. Sprinkle with additional lime juice and chopped cilantro.
7. Additional toppings optional sliced jalapeno, green onions, avocado, mango.