Another classic favorite goes vegan with shredded soy curls and 'no chicken' vegetable broth. So simple, so yum!
1/2 bag(4oz) Butler Soy Curls
5 cups "no chicken" vegetable broth, divided
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
2 (4oz) cans diced green chilies
2 (15 oz) cans cannellini beans, rinsed & drained
1/2 cup water
15 oz can corn, drained
1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Tortilla chips, vegan cheese, avocado, vegan sourcream for serving (optional)
1. Heat 1 cup broth to near boiling. Place soy curls in a bowl then pour broth over them. Let stand 10 minutes, stirring occasionally so liquid is absorbed evenly. Once rehydrated, squeeze liquid out with towel. Place in a food processor and pulse until shredded, approximately 6 to 7 pulses.
2. In a large pot/dutch oven over medium-high heat with 1 Tbsp oil, sauté onion until translucent approximately 5 minutes. Add garlic, cumin, chili powder, oregano, coriander and cayenne pepper. Saute 30 seconds to release aromatics.
3. Add remaining "no chicken" vegetable broth and green chilies. Bring to boil then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 15 minutes.
4. While broth cooking, transfer 1 cup of the beans to a food processor with 1/2 cup water puree until nearly smooth. Stir pureed bean mixture, remaining beans, corn and shredded soy curls then continue to simmer another 12-15 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and stir in lime juice and chopped cilantro. Serve with vegan cheese, sour cream, avocado, tortilla chips and sprinkle with additional cilantro if desired.