Anything goes with tofu scrambles. This Mexican style scramble includes spicy vegan chorizo sausage I found at Trader Joe's, crispy smoked paprika potatoes, Spanish onions, a rainbow of sweet peppers, fresh corn, cilantro then topped with avocado. Optional add ins include fresh or Rotel tomatoes, black or pinto beans or even a little vegan Mexican cheese blend. No rules, just yum!
2-10 boxes extra firm silken tofu
6 oz vegan chorizo sausage
1-2 cups cooked red potatoes, quartered
2 ears fresh corn, kernels removed
1 cup chopped sweet peppers
1/2 Spanish onion, chopped
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 tsp tumeric
1/4 tsp black salt (kala namak)optional
1 tsp vegan butter
1. Drain any liquid from tofu then oughly mash tofu in bowl. Season with tumeric and a little salt and pepper.
2. Heat large skillet over medium high heat with 2 tsp oil. Add potatoes and cook until slightly browned, season with salt and pepper. Add vegan butter and smoked paprika. Continue to cook until crispy, approximately 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from pan to a large bowl.
3. Cook chorizo in skillet until browned, approximately 5 minutes. Remove from pan and add to bowl with potatoes.
4. Add a little oil to skillet. Cook onions, peppers, and corn until softened, approximately 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from pan and add to bowl with potatoes and chorizo.
5. Add a little oil to skillet and cook tofu undisturbed for 5 minutes. Stir and continue to cook, stirring occasionally for another 5 minutes. Add black salt (optional).
6. Return potatoes, chorizo and vegetables to skillet. Stir to combine and cook until heated through approximately 1 minute. Remove skillet from heat. Stir in cilantro.
7. Serve topped with avocado slices. Add vegan sour cream if desired.