Roasting tomato sauce is a way to amp up flavor and turn ordinary into extraordinary. Simple and delicious. I served it with garlic bread and a bib lol.
12 oz Bucatini noodles or pasta of choice
1 onion, chopped
1 large clove garlic, minced
1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes in oil, chopped
1 sweet red pepper, chopped
1/4 cup red wine
15 oz can diced tomatoes
15 oz can tomato sauce
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
1/2-1 tsp sugar
Vegan parmesan cheese for serving
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Cook pasta according to package directions, reserving 1/4 cup pasta water.
2. In a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat with 1 Tbsp olive oil, sauté garlic, sundried tomatoes, onion and red pepper for 5 minutes. Season well with salt and pepper.
3. Pour in red wine and continue to cook another 1-2 minutes.
4. Add diced tomatoes and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Place skillet into oven and bake for 20 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and add 1/2-1 tsp sugar to taste. Stir in 1/4 cup pasta water and most of the chopped basil(reserving some for garnish). Add pasta and stir to coat noodles.
7. Serve sprinkled with vegan parmesan cheese and remaining fresh basil.
Recipe inspired by and adapted from BOSH