Throwing a bunch of pantry staples together with vegan sausage to create a one skillet dinner is one of my favorite things to make. Why? Mostly because I'm lazy and simple is my default mode lol. So yum.
4 Fieldroast sausages, sliced
1 lb baby potatoes trimmed & quartered
2-3 carrots, peeled & sliced
4 cups cabbage, chopped
1 onion, roughly chopped
1 tsp carraway or fennel seeds
3/4 cups vegetable broth or water
1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
2 Tbsp maple syrup
1 Tbsp dijon mustard
1. Combine maple syrup, vegan mayonnaise and dijon mustard. Add a pinch of salt and mix. Set aside.
2. Place a large nonstick skillet or cast iron pan over medium-high heat with 1 Tbsp vegetable oil. Add the sausages and cook, tossing occasionally, until browned on both sides, approximately 4 to 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
3. Return the skillet to medium-high heat with 2 Tbsp oil. Add carrots, onions, potatoes and cabbage. Sprinkle with carraway seeds, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, approximately 10 minutes. Add broth/water, cover and reduce heat to medium. Allow vegetables to steam until tender, approximately 8 to 10 minutes.
4. Return the sausage to the skillet and cook until heated through, about 1 to 2 minutes. Adjust seasonings to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Serve drizzled with maple dijon cream.