Fire up the grill for old school kabobs using marinated plant-based beef tips, sweet peppers, mushrooms and onions. I served them over potato-lentil mash. Yum! *I suggest using wooden skewers over metal skewers to keep the Be'f tips and veggies from falling off.
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup soy sauce
1.5 Tbsp lemon juice
1.5 Tbsp red wine vinegar
2.5 Tbsp vegan Worcestershire sauce(Annie's)
1 Tbsp maple syrup
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 lb(2 packages) Gardein Be'f Tips, thawed
8 oz mushrooms, halved
3 bell peppers cut into 1 1/4-inch pieces
1 large red onion cut into chunks
1 Tbsp olive oil
8-10 wooden skewer sticks soaked in water for at least 30 minutes
1. Wisk together marinade ingredients. Place Be'f tips in a bag or container then pour in marinade. Mix to coat. Refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
2. When ready to assemble kabobs, toss peppers and mushrooms with 1 Tbsp olive and season well with salt and pepper.
3. Assemble kebobs by placing veggies and marinated be'f tips onto skewers in desired order. Reserve marinade to brush kabobs when grilling.
4. Preheat a grill over medium-high heat(425°F). Brush or spray grill grates lightly with oil.
5. Place kebobs on grill and cook, turning occasionally and brushing with reserved marinade, until desired tenderness; approximately 10 to 12 minutes.
6. Serve with mashed potatoes, rice or salad.