Have you tried Gardein Beefless Tips yet? I saw them in the freezer section and immediately remembered the beef stew I used to make and thought "I can veganize that." So I did.
2 packages Gardein beefless tips
1/4 cup vegan butter
3 carrots, cut into chunks
2 parsnips, cut into chunks
1 medium onion chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp dried rosemary
1 tsp dried thyme
3 Tbsp tomato paste
5 Tbsp flour
5 cups "no beef" vegetable broth
1/2 cup red wine(optional)
2 Tbsp vegan worcestershire sauce
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 bay leaf
1.5 lbs baby potatoes, halved
1 cup frozen peas
Chopped parsley (optional)
1. In a dutch oven or heavy bottom pot over medium high heat, add 1Tbsp olive oil. Sauté beefless tips Brown for 8 to 9 minutes. Remove from pot and set aside.
2. Add vegan butter to pot. Once melted sauté carrots, parsips and onions for approximately 5 minutes. Season vegetables well with salt and pepper. Add garlic, thyme, rosemary and tomato paste to release aromatics. Sprinkle in flour and continue to cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Add red wine(optional), broth, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and bay leaf. Stir and cook until it comes to a boil, cover, reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Add potatoes, increase heat to return to boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer until potatoes are tender approximately 15 minutes.
5. Return beefless tips to pot along with the frozen peas, let heat through 5 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley before serving.