Here's a classic pasta dish veganized with tofu-hummus ricotta and vegan parmesan cheese. I used RAO brand marinara sauce as it is the best I've tried, so no point in making my own any more. I served these shells with Vegan Caesar Salad.
6 cups fresh spinach, chopped
24 jumbo pasta shells
14 oz pkg firm tofu, drained & pressed
2/3 cup roasted garlic hummus
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1/4 cup vegan parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp salt
28 oz jar marinara sauce
1. Cook pasta shells to al dente according to package directions. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Saute spinach in skillet over medium high heat with 1 tsp oil until wilted (or steam it if preferred). Transfer to a colander and squeeze liquid from spinach with back of spoon or use towel.
3. Add tofu, hummus, nutritional yeast, vegan parmesan cheese, extra virgin olive oil and salt to food processor. Blend tofu ricotta until smooth. In a large bowl stir together tofu ricotta and spinach to combine.
5. Pour marinara sauce into 13"x 9" lasagna pan and spread to cover bottom.
6. With a spoon or piping bag, fill each pasta shell with ricotta mixture then place into marinara sauce in baking dish. Repeat with remaining shells.
7. Cover and bake 35-40 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with additional vegan parmesan cheese(optional).