Using roasted garlic hummus in tofu ricotta seems to be all the rage, after trying it, I understand why; it's delish. I used it in this simple one skillet sweet potato "lasagna" and paired it with sauteéd kale and white beans for a delicious, nutrient dense, super filling dinner. Yum.
14 oz pkg extra firm tofu, drained & pressed
2/3 cup roasted garlic hummus
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp garlic powder
3 sweet potatoes, peeled & sliced 1/4" thick
1 shallot, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp oregano
32 oz jar marinara sauce
(Kale & White Beans)
15 oz can cannellini beans, drained & rinsed
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp lemon zest
Juice from 1/2 lemon (2 Tbsp)
1/4 tsp red chile flakes
1/4 tsp salt
1 bunch kale, destemmed & chopped
1. Add tofu, hummus, nutritional yeast, extra virgin olive oil, salt and garlic powder to food processor. Blend tofu ricotta until smooth. Set aside.
2. Place an oven-safe skillet over medium heat with 1 tsp olive oil. Add the shallot and garlic, saute until translucent, approximately 2 minutes. Add marinara sauce, 1/2 tsp oregano, and a pinch of salt. Reduce heat to medium-low and bring sauce to a simmer.
3. Add the sliced sweet potatoes to the sauce, cover, and cook until tender approximately 15 minutes. Turn oven broiler on high.
4 Spoon the tofu ricotta over the sweet potatoes then spread it out. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 tsp oregano. Broil lasagna until the top begins to brown, approximately 5 minutes.
5. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into pieces, then serve.
6. In a skillet over medium heat add 1 tsp olive oil. Add garlic, cannellini beans, lemon zest, as many of the red chile flakes as you’d like. Saute for 1 to 2 minutes. Add kale and cover for 3 minutes. Squeeze in juice from 1/2 lemon, and salt then toss to combine. Continue to saute for another 1 to 2 minutes.