Short on time? This one pan hash is ready to eat in under 30 minutes. Fieldroast Apple-sage sausages tossed in smoked paprika sauteed with brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes then drizzled with maple chipotle sauce and toasted pumpkin seeds makes this dish a whole lot of yum.
4 Fieldroast Apple-Sage sausages, sliced
1 lb Brussels sprouts, trimmed & halved
1 large sweet potato, cubed
1 Tbsp chipotle pepper in adobo
2 Tbsp maple syrup
1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
2 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1. Combine the chipotle in adobo, maple syrup, vegan mayonnaise and juice from the lime. Add a pinch of salt and mix. Set aside.
2. Place a large nonstick skillet or cast iron pan over medium-high heat. Toast pumpkin seeds until they start to pop, approximately 4 minutes. Remove from pan.
3. Add 2 Tbsp vegetable oil to skillet. Toss the sliced sausages with the smoked paprika. Add the sausages to the skillet, sprinkle and cook, tossing occasionally, until browned on both sides, approximately 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
4. Return the skillet to medium-high heat and add the brussels sprouts and sweet potato. Cook, tossing occasionally, until charred in places, approximately 5 minutes. Add 2/3 cup water, cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Allow vegetables to steam until tender, approximately 4 to 5 minutes.
5. Return the sausage to the skillet and cook until heated through, about 1 to 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Serve hash drizzled with maple-chipotle cream. Sprinkle with toasted pumpkin seeds.
Inspired by Purple Carrot