Here's another ready in 30 minutes or less recipe. This one is not only simple and quick, it's rich tasting and filling because potatoes yum! No cooking sherry? Use wine; red or white.
8 oz baby bella mushrooms, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 shallot, minced
1/3 cup walnuts
1 pkg vegan gnocchi
2 Tbsp vegan butter
1/3 cup sherry wine (or wine)
1.5 tsp 'no chicken' boullion concentrate
6 oz baby spinach
1. Cook gnocchi according to package directions, reserving 1 cup of cooking liquid.
2. Place a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and add the walnuts. Toast, shaking the pan frequently, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
3. Return the skillet to medium-high heat with 1 tmTbsp olive oil. Once hot, add the sliced mushrooms and a pinch of salt and cook until browned in places, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add the minced garlic, minced shallot, and a pinch of salt and pepper and cook until softened, about 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Add the butter to the skillet with the mushrooms, increase the heat to high, and add the cooked gnocchi. Cook, stirring occasionally, until browned in places, about 3 to 5 minutes.
5. Add the sherry or wine to the skillet with the gnocchi and cook for 1 minute. Add the reserved pasta water and broth concentrate. Stir well, bring to a boil, and cook until slightly thickened, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the baby spinach to the skillet and cook until wilted, about 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Serve topped with walnuts.
Recipe adapted from Purple Carrot