I think I might just test new burger recipes forever. This one is from Chef Lee at "Planta" in Toronto. I watched a news story where he demonstrated making their famous plant-based burger. I saw the ingredients but not the quantities so I interpreted what I saw. **Note: I sauted mushrooms in a little oil sprinkled with Cathy's all purpose spice blend (recipe included).** You may have to pulse ingredients separately unless you have a large bowl food processor.
1 can Black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup cooked Lentils, green or brown
1 lb baby bella mushrooms, cooked
1 can Chick peas, rinsed and drained
1 small beet, grated
1 cup oatmeal
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1 Tbsp Arrowroot starch
1/4 cup chopped fresh Parsley
1/2 tsp dried Rosemary
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp Cayenne or chili pepper flakes
ALL PURPOSE SEASONING
2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
2 Tbsp Himalayan salt
1 Tbsp onion powder
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried mustard
1/2 tsp black pepper
1. Add chickpeas to food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add lentils, mushrooms, black beans and oatmeal. Pulse until a pliable mixture. Remove from processor to large bowl.
2. To mixture add grated beets, nutritional yeast, arrowroot starch chopped parsley, rosemary, salt, pepper and cayenne/chili flakes. Mix well with hands.
3. Form patties then refrigerate for 30 minutes before cooking.
4. Heat oven to 450°F. In oven proof skillet, over medium high heat and a little oil cook patties 3 minutes per side.
5. Place burger patties in oven for 10 minutes. Dress burgers as desired.