Ooh these delicious Moroccan styled wraps can't be described; they must be tasted to appreciate the layers of flavor in every bite. Chickpeas and tomatoes are simmered in Moroccan Spice while the cumin and tumeric spiced cauliflower gets roasted(I used my airfryer). I topped the wraps with pickled red onions, vegan feta cheese, mango chutney and tahini cream sauce. Extraordinarily yum!
2 cups cooked rice, I made Saffron rice
1/2 red onion, sliced
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 sweet onion, chopped
1 jalapeño pepper, deseeded and diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp minced ginger
3&1/2 tsp Moroccan spice blend(recipe below)
2 Tbsp tomato paste
15 oz can diced tomatoes
15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 Tbsp lemon juice
6 burrito-sized flour tortillas
Fresh mint and cilantro
Tahini Cream Sauce (recipe below)
Vegan feta cheese
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp dried coriander
1/2 tsp white pepper
1/2 ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp ground turmeric
(Tahini Cream Sauce)
1 Tbsp tahini
1 Tbsp water
2-3 Tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup plain vegan yogurt
1/4 cup vegan sour cream
2 Tbsp mint leaves, minced
Pinch of salt and pepper
1. Prepare pickled red onions by tossing together onions, red wine vinegar and a pinch of salt. Set aside, stirring occasionally while preparing meal.
2. Prepare Tahini cream sauce by wisking together tahini, water and lemon juice. Once well mixed, stir in vegan yogurt, vegan sourcream, chopped mint and a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. Preheat the oven or airfryer to 400°F. Toss cauliflower with 2 Tbsp oil, 1 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp tumeric and a pinch of salt and pepper. Bake 25 minutes. (Airfryer for 15 minutes tossing every 5 minutes).
4. In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat with 1 Tbsp oil, sauté onion for 5 minutes. Stir in jalapeño pepper, garlic and ginger; continue to sauté 3 minutes. Sprinkle Moroccan spices over mixture and cook, stirring continuously for 30 seconds to release aromatics. Stir in tomato paste, tomatoes and chickpeas. Bring to boil, lower heat, and simmer for 10-12 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in lemon juice.
5. Assemble wraps by layering lettuce, rice, chickpea mixture, roasted cauliflower, pickled onions, mango chutney, tahini cream sauce, vegan feta cheese, mint and cilantro leaves. Wrap carefully and open wide.