Yes, even vegans love cheesecake and no, there's no kale in there. This simple no-bake cheesecake is not only delicious, but simple to make too. Yum.
40 Oreo cookies, divided
1/4 cup vegan butter
11 oz raw cashews (1.5 cups)
2-8 oz containers vegan cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
1/3 cup water
2 tsp agar agar powder
14 oz can coconut cream
2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Spray a springform pan with cooking spray. Set aside 5 oreo cookies for topping if desired. In a food processor, pulse 10 of the oreo cookies until desired consistency for filling. Set aside in large bowl. Add the remainder of the oreos to the food processor. Melt the vegan butter and pour over cookies. Blitz in food processor into a fine crumble. Transfer to the springform pan, spread evenly then press firmly to form crust. Place in freezer while preparing filling.
2. Add cashews to a pan and cover with water. Boil gently for 20 minutes. Drain and place in food processor. Blitz until it becomes a paste. Add vegan cream cheese (consider warming cream cheese in microwave for 30 seconds) and vanilla to processor with cashews. Blitz until smooth, scraping down the sides if needed.
3. In a bowl, combine powdered sugar and agar agar powder. Wisk in 1/3 cup water until dissolved. Transfer to saucepan along with coconut cream. Heat over medium heat until it comes to a simmer. Continue to wisk mixture for another 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add to food processor.
4. Pulse all ingredients in food processor until well mixed and smooth. Transfer to bowl with oreo cookies. Stir until combined then pour onto crust.
5. Chop remaining 5 oreo cookies and sprinkle over cheesecake pressing them gently onto filling. Refrigerate overnight.