My daughter and I were discussing foods we missed since becoming vegan. Although we couldn't think of many, we agreed Almond Joy's we're at the top of the list. Naturally I had to fix that pronto, because anything they can make, we can make vegan. Four ingredients to Almond Joy.
10 oz bag + 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp + 2 tsp coconut oil
1/2 cup raw almonds
1. In a bowl, combine shredded coconut with 1/4 cup melted coconut oil. Mix well and set aside.
2. In a double boiler, melt 10oz bag of vegan chocolate chips with 1 Tbsp coconut oil. Spread over a wax paper lined baking sheet. Using spatula smooth out to create a thin layer.
3. Sprinkle the prepared coconut over the layer of chocolate, pressing down lightly so coconut sticks to chocolate.
4. Sprinkle with as many almonds as you like. Press almonds slightly to embed into chocolate and coconut. Place in freezer for 15 minutes.
5. Melt remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 2 tsp coconut oil in double boiler. Once melted, drizzle over bark. Refrigerate until firm approximately 1 to 2 hours.
6. Break bark into pieces before serving.