This delicious sauce is sticky, sweet and spicy. OMG yum! Soy curls, available from Amazon or directly from Butler, are the bomb so try them out if you haven't yet.
1 1/2 cup rice of choice
1/2 bag Butler Soy Curls
1.5 cups no chicken vegetable broth
1/4 cup cornstarch
1" fresh ginger, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
4 scallions, sliced into 1" pieces
1/4 cup tamari/ soy sauce
1/3 cup coconut sugar
2 Tbsp rice vinegar
1-2 bird’s eye chilis (or 1/4 tsp chili pepper flakes)
1 head broccoli, cut into florets
1 Tbsp sesame seeds
1. Heat no chicken vegetable broth to boiling(alternately use vegetable broth or water). In a bowl, soak soy curls in boiled broth for 10 minutes. Drain and pat dry. Toss soy curls in cornstarch and a dash of salt and pepper to coat. Prepare rice according to package directions.
2. While rice is cooking. In a small bowl, wisk together the ginger, garlic, tamari/soy sauce, coconut sugar, rice vinegar and bird's eye chili peppers. Set aside.
3. Place a large nonstick skillet over high heat with 1/4 cup vegetable oil. Ince hot, stir fry soy curls until brown and crispy approximately 6 to 7 minutes total. Remove from skillet, set aside.
4. Add broccoli to skillet and stirfry for 3 minutes. Add 1/3 cup water, cover and cook until bright green and water absorbed, approximately 3 minutes.
5. Return soy curls to skillet along with scallions and general tso sauce. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer until the sauce is bubbling and sticky, about 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Serve over rice. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.