Some people make New Year's resolutions, but I made chocolate chocolate chip cookies instead. Yum. Happy New Year. Life is short; indulge!😋
1 Tbsp ground flax seed
1 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup coconut oil (room temperature)
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix ground flaxseeds with 3 Tbsp water and let sit for 10 minutes before using.
2. In a bowl or stand mixer, blend together coconut oil and brown sugar. Wisk/mix until creamy. Mix in vanilla and flax seed mixture.
3. In a separate bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda. Slowly add dry ingredients to mixing bowl with wet ingredients and continue to mix until well combined. Then add chocolate chips.
5. Refrigerate cookie dough for 15 to 20 minutes. Form into tablespoon sized balls. Place on baking sheet then flatten slightly with a fork.
6. Bake 10 to 11 minutes. Let rest on baking sheet for 1 to 2 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.