No bake silky smooth, uber rich cheesecake, that's so chocolaty good it melts in your mouth. Nothing more to say except for "yum"
25 Oreo cookies
1/4 cup vegan butter
11 oz raw cashews (1.5 cups)
3-8 oz containers vegan cream cheese
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 Tbsp lemon juice
1 cup powdered sugar
1/3 cup water
1 tsp agar agar powder
1.5 cups vegan chocolate chips
14 oz can coconut cream
1. Spray a springform pan with cooking spray. Place oreo cookies into a food processor. Melt the vegan butter and pour over cookies. Blitz in food processor into a fine crumble. Transfer to the springform pan, spread evenly then press firmly to form crust. Place in freezer while preparing filling.
2. Add cashews to a pan and cover with water. Boil gently for 20 minutes. Drain and place in food processor. Blitz until it becomes a paste. Add vegan cream cheese (consider warming cream cheese in microwave for 30-60 seconds), lemon juice and vanilla to processor with cashews. Blitz until smooth, scraping down the sides if needed.
3. Place chocolate chips in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Heat, stirring frequently until melted. Stir in coconut cream and continue to cook until well combined.
4. In a bowl, wisk together powdered sugar, agar powder and 1/3 cup water until dissolved. Stir into coconut and chocolate mixture and continue to heat until it comes to a simmer. Continue to wisk mixture for another 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add to food processor.
5. Pulse all ingredients in food processor until well mixed and smooth. Pour mixture onto crust. Refrigerate overnight.
6. Carefully remove from springform pan by slipping a sharp knife around edges before releasing spring. Sprinkle with shaved chocolate and serve with vegan whipped cream(optional).