Here's an easy pasta recipe that allows the flavors of the butternut squash and kale shine. White balsamic vinegar has the same flavor as regular balsamic vinegar so if you don't mind the dark color use it instead.
12 oz rigatoni
1/4 cup sundried tomatoes in oil
3 Tbsp vegan butter
4 cups butternut squash, 1/2" cubes
1 bunch kale, destemmed & chopped
1 shallot, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar
1/4 tsp red chili peppers
1/3 cup vegan parmesan cheese.
1. Cook rigatoni to al dente according to package directions. Reserve 1 cup pasta water. Drain, return to pot and stir in sundried tomatoes. Set aside.
2. Add vegan butter to a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté butternut squash with a pinch of salt and pepper, stirring occasionally, until fork-tender and browned, approximately 7 minutes.
3. Add the kale to the skillet, season with another pinch of salt and continue to sauté another 3 minutes. Add shallots and garlic and continue to sauté another 2 minutes.
4. Add reserved pasta water and white balsamic vinegar to the skillet and cook 2 minutes.
5. Stir in the pasta with the sundried tomatoes, and red chili peppers; cook 2 minutes. Taste and season with additional salt. Stir in vegan parmesan cheese and remove from stove. Serve with additional vegan parmesan cheese.