I recently found Vegan Blue Cheese dressing and knew I had to pair it with Buffalo sauced something. Since it was Friday, pizza was the perfect choice. Buffalo sauced soy curls, vegan mozzarella, celery, yes celery and red onion baked to perfection then drizzled with vegan dressing...so yum! **Follow Your Heart shredded mozzeralla is the best vegan cheese for melting in my opinion.
Pizza dough of choice
1-2 Tbsp olive oil
2 oz Butler Soy Curls
1/2 cup 'no chicken' broth
1/4 cup vegan butter
1/4 cup Frank's hot sauce
1/4 tsp garlic powder
7 oz shredded vegan mozzarella
2 stalk celery, chopped
1/2 cup chopped red onion
Vegan blue cheese or ranch dressing
1. If using pan pizza technique, flour hands, transfer dough to a well-floured work surface. Form into a ball by tucking the dough underneath itself, rotating it until it forms a tight ball. Add 1 to 2 Tbsp oil to a 12" cast iron skillet. Place dough into skillet and turn over to coat evenly with oil. Press dough flattening it slightly. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and let dough sit at room temperature for 2 hours to rise.
2. Preheat oven to 525°F if making pan pizza. For regular pizza using pizza stone, preheat oven to 475°F. (Once temperature is reached, place pizza stone in oven for 30 minutes before baking pizza.) If using a regular pizza pan, preheat oven to 450°F.
3. Place soy curls in a bowl. Pour hot broth(or water) over soy curls. Let stand 10 minutes to rehydrate. Drain and pat dry, squeezing liquid out of the soy curls. I use my salad spinner to remove liquid then squeeze remaining water out in a towel. Roughly chop soy curls, or pulse a few times in a food processor to shred, then return to bowl.
4. Melt vegan butter then combine with hot sauce and garlic powder. Toss soy curls with half the Buffalo sauce.
5. Press dough around skillet until it fills in every corner, popping any large bubbles that appear. Lift edge of the dough to let any air bubbles underneath escape, then repeat until there are no air bubbles left and dough is evenly spread around the pan.
6. Spread remaining Buffalo sauce over dough all the way to the edge. Followed by vegan cheese, soy curls, celery and red onions. Sprinkle with sea salt.
7. Bake 14 to 15 minutes(longer baking time for pizza stone or pizza pan). Let stand 5 minutes before using knife to cut around edge to loosen from skillet. Use a spatula to remove pizza from skillet to a cutting board. Drizzle vegan blue cheese or ranch dressing over pizza before cutting.