I love pizza more than any other food and have been making my own dough for years. Although not necessary for homemade pizza, using and preheating a pizza stone for 30 minutes and using a pizza peel to load and remove your pie from the oven turns you into a pizza pie professional. Pizza dough can also be thrown into a cast iron skillet to make NO NEAD PIZZA or my new favorite way to bake pizza is in a Roasting Pan
1 package yeast(2.5 tsp)
2 – 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp sugar
3/4 tsp salt
2/3 cup warm water
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
1. Dissolve yeast in warm water(110°F). Let sit 10 minutes. Add sugar, salt & oil. Mix well.
2. Gradually mix in 2 cups flour until soft dough ball formed. Add additional flour 1 Tbsp at a time if needed to produce workable dough.
3. Knead, either on the floured surface for 4 to 5 minutes or with the dough hook in a stand mixer on setting #2 for 3 minutes.
4. Remove from mixer. On a floured surface, cover with a towel to let the dough rise for 1 to 3 hours
5. Punch down dough ball then roll out to form pizza circle. Carefully place onto pizza peel that has been sprinkled with a little corn meal to prevent sticking. Brush pizza with olive oil before adding toppings.