Have you tried Trader Joe's Beefless Bulgogi strips yet? Never could I ever imagine I would be eating something like this again; so tender and so tasty. Vegan products include Trader Joe's Beefless Bulgogi strips, JUSTEGG and Better Than Bouillon Beefless broth.
8 oz ramen noodles, or noodles of choice
3 cloves garlic, minced
1" fresh ginger, minced
4 scallions, whites minced, greens sliced
5 oz shitake mushrooms, destemmed & sliced
4 cups "no beef" broth
1 cup water
1-2 Tbsp gochujang paste
1 tsp sugar
1 bunch bok choy, whites and greens separated, roughly chopped
2/3 cup JUSTEGG
10 oz package Trader Joe's Beefless Bulgogi
1. Prepare noodles according to package directions. Drain, rinse and store in cool water.
2. In a stockpot over medium-high heat with 1 Tbsp oil sauté scallion whites, garlic and ginger for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and continue to sauté another 3 to 4 minutes. Add broth, water, 1-2 Tbsp gochujang paste and sugar. Bring to boil.
3. Once boiling add bok choy whites, return to boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Add bok choy greens and continue to simmer another 5 minutes.
4. Place a medium sized skillet over medium heat with 2 tsp oil. Pour in JUSTEGG, swirl to coat base. Cook until mostly set, then flip and continue cook another minute. Slide onto cutting board. To create ribbons, roll up loosely then slice into 1/2" pieces. Set aside.
5. Return skillet to medium-high heat with 1 Tbsp oil. Cook Trader Joe's Beefless Bulgogi until browned, approximately 5 minutes. Set aside. *Optional- thaw the Beefless Bolgogi in microwave before frying.
6. Drain noodles and scoop into bowls. Ladle soup over noodles then top with Beefless Bulgogi strips, JUSTEGG ribbons and scallion greens.