Pizza is always on my mind. This pizza uses soy curls in BBQ sauce, caramelized pineapple, red onions and green peppers on homemade pizza dough. I drizzled it with ranch dressing after baking.
1/4 bag Butler soy curls(2oz)
1 cup water
1 Tbsp BBQ spice blend(I used McCormick brand)
1/2 cup BBQ sauce of choice
1 cup pineapple, cut in 1/2" chunks
1 tsp brown sugar
1/4 cup red onion, chopped
1/4 cup green pepper, chopped
2/3 cup pizza sauce
1/2 cup vegan mozzarella, shredded
1/2 cup vegan cheddar, shredded
Pizza dough of choice
Vegan ranch dressing(optional)
1. Heat water to boiling. In a bowl, soak soy curls in water for 10 minutes. Drain, pat dry then squeeze as much water out of soy curls as posdiblr. Chop soy curls roughly then toss with BBQ spice blend. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 475°F with pizza stone. Pizza stone should be preheated for 30 minutes before baking pizza. If not using pizza stone, preheat oven to 425°F
3. In a skillet over medium high heat with 1 tsp oil, saute pineapple for 4 minutes. Add sugar and continue to cook until browned in places and caramelized, approximately another 3 minutes. Remove from skillet, set aside.
4. In a large skillet over medium high heat, heat 1 Tbsp oil. Add the seasoned soy curls and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Stir in BBQ sauce and continue to cook for another 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
5. Brush pizza dough with olive oil. Spread pizza sauce over dough. Top with cheeses, BBQ soy curls, caramelized pineapple, onions and green peppers.
6. Bake 11 to 12 minutes. (Bake longer at 425°F if not using stone). Let sit for 5 minutes before serving. Serve drizzled with vegan ranch dressing.