Pizza is always on my mind. This Hawaiian version has it all...marinated soy curls, caramelized pineapple, onions and oregano. Yum. *I recommend Follow Your Heart brand shredded mozzeralla
Pizza dough of choice
2 oz (1/4 bag) Butler Soy Curls
1/2 cup orange juice
1 lime, juiced (2 Tbsp)
1 Tbsp agave
1 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
1/8 tsp red chili flakes
2 cups pineapple, cut in 1/2" chunks
1 Tbsp vegan butter
1 tsp sugar (coconut/brown/turbinado)
1/4 red onion, roughly chopped
1 cup pizza sauce
7oz vegan mozzarella, shredded
1 tsp dried oregano
Vegan ranch/blue cheez dressing for serving(optional)
1. If using pan pizza technique, add 1 to 2 Tbsp oil to a 12" cast iron skillet. Place dough into skillet and turn over to coat evenly with oil. Press dough flattening it slightly. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and let dough sit at room temperature for 2 hours to rise. *I heat my oven to 170°F then turn it off then place pan with dough in oven to rise.
2. Break up soy curls into small pieces then place into bowl along with chopped cilantro and chili peppers. Heat the orange juice, lime juice and agave to almost boiling. Pour over soy curls, stir to saturate then let marinate for 30 minutes. Drain and pat dry. Season with salt.
3. Preheat oven to 525°F if making pan pizza. For regular pizza using pizza stone, preheat oven to 475°F. (Once temperature is reached, place pizza stone in oven for 30 minutes before baking pizza.) If using a regular pizza pan, preheat oven to 450°F.
4. In a skillet over medium high heat saute pineapple for 5 minutes. Add sugar and continue to cook until browned in places and caramelized, approximately another 3 minutes. Remove from skillet, set aside.
5. Return skillet to medium-high heat with 1.5 Tbsp oil. Saute soy curls for 1 minute. Add red onions and cook another minute. Remove from heat.
6. Press dough around skillet until it fills in every corner, popping any large bubbles that appear. Lift edge of the dough to let any air bubbles underneath escape, then repeat until there are no air bubbles left and dough is evenly spread around the pan. Spread pizza sauce over dough all the way to edge. Top with cheese, soy curls, onions and caramelized pineapple. Sprinkle oregano over pizza then season with salt.
7. Bake 13 to 15 minutes(longer baking time for pizza stone or pizza pan). Let stand 5 minutes before using knife to cut around edge to loosen from skillet. Use a spatula to remove pizza from skillet to a cutting board. Slice and serve with vegan ranch or blue cheese dressing(optional).