I love making BBQ Pulled Mushroom Sandwiches with king oyster mushrooms so naturally they would be delicious on pizza, and I was right. So yum. I used pizza dough from Trader Joe's but I also make my own Pizza Dough.
3/4 lb king oyster mushrooms
1 Tbsp BBQ spice
1/4 cup BBQ sauce
Pizza dough of your choice.
1/3 cup pizza sauce
2/3 cup each shredded vegan mozzeralla and cheddar cheese
1/4 cup red onion, roughly chopped
1/2 sweet pepper, thinly sliced
1/4 cup corn kernels
1. Preheat oven to 475°F. Preheat pizza stone if using. *if using regular pizza pan, decrease heat to 450°F and bake pizza longer.
2. Slice cap off mushrooms. Holding the base of the mushroom, shred by running a fork along the fibres. Pull apart with fingers and place in a large bowl. Toss with BBQ seasoning and a pinch of salt and pepper; toss to coat.
3. Heat a large skillet (cast iron preferred) over medium-high heat with 1 Tbsp oil. Add mushrooms and spread around. Cook undisturbed for 3 to 4 minutes to char. Stir and continue to cook, stirring occasionally another 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from skillet back to bowl and toss with BBQ sauce. Set aside.
4. Brush pizza crust lightly with olive oil. Spread pizza sauce over pizza. Top with grated vegan cheese, BBQ king oyster shreds, sweet peppers, red onions and corn. Sprinkle with a little salt.
5. Bake on preheated pizza Stone for 13 to 15 minutes. Drizzle with additional BBQ sauce(optional) before serving.