This simple spicy, rich and meaty chili whips up quickly and hits the spot thanks to Fieldroast Mexican Chipotle plant-based sausages and a food processor. Just pulse the veggies instead of chopping then pulse the sausages into ground. Sauté & simmer in one pot for dinner in under an hour. *note- I found this recipe very spicy but my family united in saying I was a wimp.
1 onion, diced
2 carrots, diced
1 stalk celery, diced
1 large green pepper, diced
2 cloves garlic
4 Fieldroast Chipotle Sausages
1 tsp cocoa powder
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
15 oz can corn drained, or 1 cup frozen
2-15 oz cans kidney/black/pinto beans, rinsed and drained
28 oz can crushed tomatoes
1.5 cups water
1. Use food processor to chop chipotle sausages to a crumble. *I pulsed the veggies too.
2. In Dutch oven or skillet, over medium high heat, add 2 Tbsp oil. Saute onions, carrots, celery and green pepper for 5 to 6 minutes. Add ground chipotle sausages and continue to cook for another 5 minutes.
3. Stir in garlic and spices and cook to release aromatics, approximately 1 minute.
4. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to boil then reduced heat and simmer covered for approximately 35 -40 minutes.
5. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Serve with chopped cilantro, sliced scallions, vegan sourcream, vegan shredded cheese, chopped avocado and/or tortilla chips.