Creamy alfredo sauce with Fieldroast Italian sausage, spinach and sundried tomatoes comes together in this simple and quick dinner recipe. I much prefer alfredo sauce made with silken tofu to cashews.
8 oz pasta
1 yellow onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
12 oz package silken tofu
2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
1 Tbsp vegan butter
1/2 cup water
1 tsp salt
2 Fieldroast Italian sausage
1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, sliced
4 cups baby spinach, chopped
1/8 tsp chili pepper flakes
1/4 cup vegan parmesan cheese
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside. **if using dry sundried tomatoes, add to pasta during last minute of cooking**
2. While pasta is cooking, heat 1 Tbsp vegan butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add onions and garlic, and cook until softened, approximately 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
3. In a blender or food processor, combine the cooked garlic and onions, silken tofu, juice from 1/2 the lemon, 1/2 cup water, nutritional yeast and 1 tsp salt. Blend until smooth, approximately 2 minutes.
4. Return skillet to medium heat and saute sausage until browned, approximately 4 to 5 minutes. Brown sundried tomatoes during last 1 minute of cooking. Remove from skillet and set aside. Add spinach to skillet, sprinkle with salt, pepper and chili pepper flakes. Saute until wilted, approximately 2 minutes.
5. Add sauce to skillet with spinach along with vegan parmesan cheese. Cook over medium low heat until thickened slightly and vegan parmesan cheese has melted, approximately 3 minutes.
6. Stir cooked pasta into skillet along with sausage and sundried tomatoes. Cook until heated through. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with vegan parmesan before serving.