Remember Hamburger Helper Stroganoff? Well forget it because this simple one pot version is way better than that stuff in a box. I added peas because I love them, but leave them out if they're not your thing. *I used eggless noodles from Walmart and vegan Worcestershire from Amazon.
**Note Walmart's website list of ingredients for their Eggless Ribbons is incorrect(I've told them at least a half dozen times). The ingredients on the package, do not include egg whites, are correct. Meijer also sells an eggless noodle if you have one of those nearby.
1 onion, chopped
1 lb cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
12 oz plant-based ground meat
1 Tbsp tomato paste
1 Tbsp flour
1.5 cups plant-based milk
2 cups "no beef" vegetable broth
8 oz eggless noodles
1 cup frozen peas(optional)
2/3 cup vegan sour cream
1.5 tsp Dijon mustard
1.5 tsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
Chives/parsley for serving(optional)
1. On a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium high heat with 1 Tbsp oil, sauté onions and mushrooms, stirring occasionally, until tender and liquid from mushrooms mostly evaporates, approximately 7 minutes. Season well with salt and pepper. Add plant-based ground meat and cook until browned, approximately 5 minutes.
2. Stir in tomato paste and continue to cook another minute. Stir in flour and continue to cook 1 more minute.
3. Pour in no beef broth, plant-based milk and eggless noodles. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until noodles are cooked through, about 10-12 minutes.
4. Stir in peas and continue to cook until heated through, approximately 2 minutes. Stir sour cream, Dijon mustard and vegan worchestire until well combined.
5. Serve with chopped chives or parsley if desired.