🎶🎵Anything they can make we can make vegan🎵🎶 I love classic recipes that can simply be veganized with all the vegan products available on the market now. I used seitan for beef(recipe link below), beef flavored vegetable broth(Better Than Boullion), vegan butter(Miyoko), vegan sour cream(Tofutti), vegan worchestire sauce(Wizard's) and vegan eggless noodles available(Walmart). **Note Walmart's website list of ingredients for their Eggless Ribbons is incorrect(I've told them at least a half dozen times). The ingredients on the package, do not include egg whites, are correct. Meijer also sells an eggless noodle if you have one of those nearby.
14 oz beef flavored seitan, thinly sliced
1 vidalia onion, sliced
1 lb mushrooms, sliced
3 Tbsp vegan butter
2 Tbsp flour
2 cups beef flavored vegetable broth
1 Tbsp vegan worchestire sauce
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
3/4 cup vegan sour cream
12 oz eggless noodles
Chopped chives or parsley (optional)
1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Cook seitan until browned on all sides, approximately 5 to 6 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Removed seitan from skillet, set aside.
3. Return skillet to medium high heat, add butter. Cook onions for 1 to 2 minutes, then add mushrooms. Cook mushrooms until golden brown, approximately 8 minutes. Season well with salt and pepper.
4. Sprinkle flour over onions and mushrooms, stir and cook for 1 minute. Slowly add broth, stirring continuously until a low boil achieved. Then stir in worcestershire, dijon mustard and sour cream until well mixed and creamy.
5. Return seitan to skillet. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to medium low. Continue to cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Adjust seasonings salt to taste.
6. Stir in noodles, and cook until heated through. Sprinkled with chives/parsley (optional).