Just in time for Thanksgiving, this simple no bake vegan cheesecake is a tasty addition to the dessert table. I served it with vegan whipped cream and a little caramel sauce. Yum. **Nabisco makes vegan graham crackers.
1.5 cups vegan graham crackers (1.5 sleeves)
1/3 cup vegan butter, melted
1/4 cup organic granulated sugar
11 oz raw cashews (1.5 cups)
2 x 8oz containers vegan cream cheese
15 oz can pure pumpkin
1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
3 Tbsp lemon juice
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tsp agar agar powder
1/3 cup water
14 oz can coconut cream
Topping of choice
1. Spray a springform pan with cooking spray(I used a 9" springform pan). In a food processor, pulse the graham crackers finely. Add sugar then pour the melted vegan butter over graham crackers. Blitz in food processor into a fine crumble. Transfer to the springform pan, spread evenly then press firmly to form crust. Place in freezer while preparing filling.
2. Add cashews to a pan and cover with water. Boil gently for 20 minutes. Drain and place in food processor. Blitz until it becomes a paste. Add vegan cream cheese (consider warming cream cheese in microwave for 30 seconds), canned pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, lemon juice and vanilla to processor with cashews. Blitz until smooth, scraping down the sides if needed.
3. In a bowl, combine powdered sugar and agar agar powder. Wisk in 1/3 cup water until dissolved. Transfer to saucepan along with coconut cream. Heat over medium heat until it comes to a simmer. Continue to wisk mixture for another 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add to food processor.
4. Pulse all ingredients in food processor until well mixed and smooth. Pour mixture onto crust. Refrigerate overnight.
5. Carefully remove from springform pan by slipping a sharp knife around edges before releasing spring. Serve with toppings of choice ie; vegan whipped cream, caramel sauce.