Vegan cheesecake without baking in a water bath, say what? Super easy to make with a little agar agar, store bought vegan cream cheese and cashews. I served it with Simple Strawberry Sauce. Yum!
1.5 cups vegan graham crackers or Biscoff (approximately 1.5 sleeves)
1/3 cup vegan butter, melted
1/4 cup organic granulated sugar
11 oz raw cashews (1.5 cups)
3 x 8oz containers vegan cream cheese
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
3 Tbsp lemon juice
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tsp agar agar powder
1/3 cup water
14 oz can coconut cream
Topping of choice
1. Spray a springform pan with cooking spray. In a food processor, pulse the graham crackers finely. Add sugar then pour the melted vegan butter over graham crackers. Blitz in food processor into a fine crumble. Transfer to the springform pan, spread evenly then press firmly to form crust. Place in freezer while preparing filling.
2. Add cashews to a pan and cover with water. Boil gently for 20 minutes. Drain and place in food processor. Blitz until it becomes a paste. Add vegan cream cheese (consider warming cream cheese in microwave for 30 seconds), lemon juice and vanilla to processor with cashews. Blitz until smooth, scraping down the sides if needed.
3. In a bowl, combine powdered sugar and agar agar powder. Wisk in 1/3 cup water until dissolved. Transfer to saucepan along with coconut cream. Heat over medium heat until it comes to a simmer. Continue to wisk mixture for another 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add to food processor.
4. Pulse all ingredients in food processor until well mixed and smooth. Pour mixture onto crust. Refrigerate overnight.
5. Carefully remove from springform pan by slipping a sharp knife around edges before releasing spring. Serve with toppings of choice.