This quick and simple wrap recipe uses za'atar spice(spice blend recipe included) to season roasted cauliflower and chickpeas topped with a cilantro cream sauce and toasted coconut. So easy, so yum.
1.5 tsp fresh ginger, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
1/2 red onion, sliced
1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
2 tsp za'atar spice (recipe below)
2 Tbsp arrowroot/corn starch
1 lemon, juiced or 3 Tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
2 Tbsp vegan mayonnaise
2 Tbsp vegan sourcream
1 tsp agave/maple syrup
1/4 cup shredded coconut
Baby spinach or lettuce
ZA'ATAR SPICE BLEND
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
1 tsp sumac
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp chili flakes
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Coat a baking sheet with 1 Tbsp vegetable oil.
2. In a large bowl, combine the minced ginger, garlic, the juice from half the lemon (2 Tbsp), chickpeas, sliced red onion, cauliflower florets, za'atar spice, arrowroot starch, and 1 tsp salt. Transfer to the baking sheet and roast in the oven until cauliflower is tender and browned in places, approximately 25 minutes.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the cilantro, vegan mayo, vegan sour cream, 1 Tbsp lemon juice, agave and a pinch of salt and pepper.
4. Toast the coconut in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat, shaking the pan frequently, until lightly browned, approximately 3 minutes.
5. Layer cauliflower chickpea mixture and spinach in warmed wraps. Drizzle with the cilantro sauce and sprinkle with toasted coconut.