Socca, a flatbread made from chickpea flour becomes a fast and easy pizza you can add just about anything to. This recipe is a delicious Mediterranean version with roasted veggies, olives and vegan feta cream. Mmmm, so good. *Use premade flatbread if preferred
1 1/4 cups garbanzo bean flour
1 clove garlic, minced
1 Tbsp dried oregano
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/8 tsp salt
1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
1/4 red onion, coarsely chopped
10 cherry tomatoes, thickly sliced
10 kalamata olives, sliced
Handful baby arugula, coarsely chopped
Greek salad dressing for drizzle(optional)
1/2 block Violife vegan feta cheese
1/3 cup vegan mayonnaise
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 clove garlic minced
1. Wisk the garbanzo bean flour, 1 cup of water, 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 1 Tbsp oregano and 1/8 tsp salt. Set aside. Set the oven to broil on high.
2. Toss tomatoes, zucchini and onions with 2 tsp olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Place on baking sheet then broil for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and reduce broil to low setting.
3. Blend or process vegan feta(break up the feta first), vegan mayonnaise, 1 Tbsp olive oil, lemon juice, 1/2 tsp oregano and 1 clove garlic until mostly smooth(add additional lemon juice if needed). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. In a large ovenproof skillet over high heat add 1 tbsp olive oil. Once hot, whisk the batter again, add to the hot skillet, and tilt to cover the entire pan. Cook, undisturbed, until socca begins to bubble, about 4 to 5 minutes. Place the skillet in the oven and broil until edges crisp, about 4 to 6 minutes.
5. Remove from oven then spread the feta sauce over the crust. Top with onions, zucchini, cherry tomatoes and sliced olives. Return to oven and broil on low for another 4 to 5 minutes.
6. Transfer to cutting board and sprinkle with chopped arugula then drizzle with Greek dressing(optional)