Beyond sweet Italian sausages, Follow Your Heart gouda & mozzarella cheeses, quick caramelized onions and finished with fresh basil. Wicked! *I made this pizza in a 9"x13" roasting pan
Premade pizza dough or homemade pizza dough
1 Tbsp vegan buttet
2 vidalia onions, sliced
2 tsp sugar
3 Beyond sweet Italian sausages
3/4 cup pizza sauce(I use Dei Fratelli's)
4 oz vegan mozzarella, shredded
4 oz vegan smoked gouda, finely chopped
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
1. Prepare the dough or use store bought dough. If using Roasting Pan method add 2 Tbsp olive oil to a roasting pan. Place dough into pan and turn over to coat evenly with oil. Press dough flattening it slightly. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and let dough sit at room temperature for 2 hours to rise.
2. In a medium skillet over medium-high heat add 1 Tbsp olive oil and 1 Tbsp vegan butter. Add onion and sauté 5 minutes. Decrease heat to medium and stir in sugar to pan. Cook 15-20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
3. Return skillet to medium-high heat then cook Beyond sausages, breaking up with a spatula until lightly browned and crumbled, approximately 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
4. Preheat oven to 500°F. Press dough around pan until it fills in every corner, popping any large bubbles that appear. Lift edge of the dough to let any air bubbles underneath escape if needed, then repeat until there are no air bubbles left and dough is evenly spread around the pan.
5. Spread sauce over dough all the way to the edge; no need to leave any untopped dough. Followed by vegan cheeses, crumbled sausage and caramelized onions. Sprinkle with a little sea salt. Bake 14-16 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and sprinkle fresh basil over pizza. Let stand 5 minutes before using a spatula to remove pizza from pan to a cutting board.