Simple, quick, nutritious and delicious. This yummy one pot stew is chock full of veggies, greens, beans and vegan sausages. If you dont like vegan sausages, leave them out or add potatoes. I love herbs du provence, but if it isn't something you keep on hand, use Italian seasonings or make your own blend with 1/4 tsp each thyme, savory(or sage/poultry seasoning), oregano, rosemary, marjoram, parsley and an optional 1/8 tsp of fennel and lavender is you have it. No rules, just yum.
4 vegan Italian sausages, sliced
1 onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
3 carrots, sliced
2 celery stalks, sliced
2 tsp herbs de Provence
1/3 cup white wine(optional)
3 Tbsp tomato paste
6 cups "no chicken" vegetable broth
15 oz can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
3 zucchini, sliced in 1/4 moons
1 bunch kale, destemmed & chopped
Vegan parmesan cheese
Red chili flakes
1. Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large pot/dutch oven over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the sliced sausage and cook until browned, tossing occasionally, about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from pot, set aside.
2. Add another 1Tbsp oil to pot, then add onion, garlic, carrots and celery. Sauté until softened, approximately 5 minutes. Season well with salt and pepper. Add the herbs de Provence and cook 1 minute to release aromatics. Pour in wine if using and continue to cook until most of the liquid evaporates. Add tomato paste, broth, bay leaf and 1 tsp salt. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until vegetables are tender, approximately 10 minutes.
3. Add beans, kale and zucchini. Return to boiling, cover and reduce heat to simmer and cook until vegetables are tender, another 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat.
4. Return sausage to pot and squeeze the juice from 1/2 lemon in. Season with 1 tsp salt and a pinch of pepper.
5. Serve topped with vegan parmesan, red chili flakes and serve with crusty bread.