Super simple and quick. This dinner is ready in a jiffy. Tempeh, although not as popular as tofu, is versatile and delicious. Of course, tofu would work just as well in this dish as would any Chinese greens you have on hand. Thai chili peppers are optional if you like the heat.
8oz package Tempeh
1.5 cups rice
2-3 baby bok choy
6 oz snow peas
2 scallions, sliced
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
1/2 cup vegetable broth(I used "no beef" boullion)
1 Tbsp corn starch
1 Tbsp tamari/soy sauce
2 tsp ginger, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
Thai chili pepper(optional)
1. Cook rice according to package directions. Chop baby bok choy into 1" pieces, separating whites from greens. Slice tempeh into 12 strips.
2. Combine broth, tamari/soy, ginger, garlic and cornstarch. Add chili peppers if desired. Wisk. In a separate bowl, combine hoisin sauce with 1 Tbsp water to create glaze.
3. In a large skillet over medium high heat, saute tempeh in 2 Tbsp vegetable oil until browned, approximately 3 minutes per side. Remove from heat and coat with hoisin glaze in bowl, set aside.
4. Return skillet to medium high heat, stirfry baby bok choy whites for 2 minutes. Add snow peas and continue to stirfry for 3 minutes. Add bok choy greens, stirfry for another 2 minutes. Wisk stirfry sauce again. Push greens to sides of skillet then stir in stirfry sauce until it bubbles and thickens, approximately 1 minute. Coat greens with sauce.
5. Serve greens over rice. Place hoisin glazed tempeh strips on greens and drizzle any remaining glaze over them. Sprinkle with scallions.