Similar to Vegan Zuppa Toscana, this creamy delight is made with gnocchi instead of potatoes. So simple to make and ready in about 30 minutes. Again, white wine is optional but highly recommended. Serve with bread of course.
4 Hot Italian Beyond Sausages
1 yellow onion, diced
1 large carrot, peeled & diced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1.5 tsp Italian seasoning(1 tsp oregano & 1/2 tsp basil)
1 tsp dijon mustard
1/3 cup white wine (optional)
5 cups vegan broth(chick'n flavored)
1 lb vegan potato gnocchi
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 bunch kale, destemmed & chopped
1 cup non-dairy cream (or milk)
Red chili flakes for serving
1. In a large pot or dutch oven over medium-high heat, brown sausage in 1/2 Tbsp olive oil, breaking up as it cooks, approximately 6-7 minutes. Remove from pot, and set aside.
2. Saute onion and carrots in a little more oil until translucent, approximately 5 minutes. Season well with salt and pepper. Add garlic, Italian seasonings and dijon mustard and continue to cook for another minute to release aromatics. Add white wine, if using, to deglaze the pot and cook until reduced approximately 2 minutes, scraping browned bits from bottom of pot.
3. Add broth, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Add gnocchi. Return to boil and cook for 3 minutes.
5. Add kale and continue to simmer for an additional 5 minutes
6. Stir in non-dairy cream and continue to simmer another 5 minutes
7. Return Beyond sausage to pot and cook until heated through. Adjust seasonings to taste. Serve with chili flakes.