I made this simple curry dish with vegetables I harvested from my garden, but it could just as easily be called "Crisper Delight Curry." Simply saute some onions, garlic, ginger then throw in sweet potatoes and whatever veggies and greens you have on hand. Presto, dinners ready. No rules, just yum.
1 yellow onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, peeled
1 inch fresh ginger, minced
1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
1 bunch swiss chard
2 tablespoons curry paste
2 sweet potatoes, peeled & cubed
1 cup yellow/green beans, cut in 1" pieces
1.5 cans coconut milk(15 oz cans)
1 tsp salt
1 cup water
1 Tbsp sugar
1 summer squash, sliced into 1/4 moons
1/2 cup peas
1/2 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
1.5 cups basmati rice
1. Chop swiss chard, separating stems from leaves. Cook rice according to package directions.
2. Heat a dutch oven or large stock pot over medium heat with 1 Tbsp olive oil, saute onions, garlic, ginger, jalapeno pepper and swiss chard stems until tender, approximately 5 minutes. Add the curry paste and cook for 1 minute stirring continuously.
3. Add sweet potatoes, yellow beans, coconut milk, water, salt and sugar. Bring it to a boil, turn heat to medium-low and simmer covered for 12 minutes.
4. Stir in peas, swiss chard leaves and summer squash. Increase heat to medium high and simmer for approximately 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
5. Stir in cilantro leaves, let sit covered for 5 minutes before serving over rice.