Oh I could eat this one every day. Not only quick and easy, but it cooks up in one pot. Serve over rice or grains of your choice. Eat it again tomorrow and the next day. Did I already say yum?
1 onion, diced
2 carrots, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp ginger, minced
1 Tbsp curry powder
1 tsp tumeric
15 oz can coconut milk
1 cup vegetable broth
1 tsp salt
15 oz can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
1 mango, peeled & cubed
1/2 cup raw cashews
6 cups baby spinach
1/2 lime, juiced (2 Tbsp)
1/4 cup Fresh cilantro, chopped
2 cups rice of choice
1. Cook rice according to package directions.
2. While rice is cooking, sauté onions and carrot in 1 Tbsp vegetable oil, approximately 5 minutes. Add garlic and ginger, continue to cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Add curry powder and tumeric and continue to cook for another minute to release aromatics.
3. Add broth, coconut milk, chickpeas, cashews, mango and salt. Bring to boil. Cover then simmer over medium-low heat until carrots cooked, approximately 12 to 13 minutes.
4. Stir in spinach, return to boil then continue to cook for another 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Remove from heat then stir in cilantro and lime juice. Serve over rice. Sprinkle with additional cilantro and serve with lime wedges(optional).