I absolutely love cooking with soy curls. If you haven't tried them yet, I highly recommend them. I seasoned the soy curls with chili powder, cumin and chipotle powder then sauteed them until well browned. I used sweet hot peppadew peppers, which I love to eat straight out the jar, in the confetti slaw. So yum.
2/3 bag Butler soy curls
2 tsp cumin, divided
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
1 lime, zested
1 clove garlic, minced
1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
2 cups coleslaw blend
1 cup corn kernels
1/3 cup peppadew peppers, chopped
1/4 cup vegan sour cream
1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
Large tortillas shells
1. In a bowl, soak soy curls in boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain and pat dry. Toss soy curls with 1 tsp cumin, chili powder, chipotle chili powder, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine the juice from half the lime, minced garlic, half the chopped cilantro, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, and 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil. Whisk to combine. Add the coleslaw blend, corn, and peppadew peppers. Toss the slaw until well coated.
3. In a small bowl, combine the vegan mayonnaise, vegan sour cream, cumin, remaining lime juice, and a pinch of salt. Stir to combine.
4. In a large skillet over medium high heat with 2 Tbsp oil. Add the seasoned soy curls and saute until cooked through and browned, approximately 7 minutes. Remove from skillet, set aside.
5. Return skillet to medium heat. Add the beans with 1/4 cup water and cook until heated through, approximately 2 minutes. Season with a pinch of salt then add the lime zest and remaining chopped cilantro. Stir well to combine. Remove from heat.
6. Assemble burritos with chipotle soy curls, black beans, confetti slaw and drizzle with cumin cream. Serve with additional confetti slaw and cumin cream.