Growing up my kids used to request this salad frequently. I used Butler Soy Curls but using Gardein Chick'n would be delicious too. I cooked the soy curls in my airfryer in 12 minutes. No airfryer? Pan fry them then toss them in in Buffalo sauce.
1/2 bag (4oz) Butler Soy Curls
1.5 cups hot water
3 Tbsp corn starch
2 Tbsp oil
1/2 cup Vegan Mayonnaise
1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
1 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
1 tsp Crushed Garlic
2 tsp Capers
2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1 Tbsp Soy Sauce/Tamari/Bragg's
1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 tsp White Vinegar
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 cup vegan butter
1/3 Frank's hot sauce
1/2 tsp white vinegar
Dash of vegan Worcestershire(optional)
Pinch of cayenne pepper
1 large head romaine lettuce, washed & torn
1 cup Vegan croutons
1/3 cup Vegan parmesan cheese
1. Soak soy curls in hot water for 10 minutes. Drain, spin in salad spinner if available then squeeze excess liquid out in a towel.
2. While soy curls are soaking, prepare Caesar dressing by combining ingredients in blender or food processor until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
3. Preheat airfryer to 370°F for 5 minutes. Toss soy curls in cornstarch. Once coated toss in oil. Place in single layer in airfryer. Airfry @370°F for 8 minutes.
4. Prepare Buffalo sauce by wisking together melted butter, Frank's hot sauce, vinegar, vegan Worcestershire and cayenne. Microwave for 30 seconds, or heat over stove.
5. Remove soy curls from airfryer and place into bowl. Toss with Buffalo sauce. Return to airfryer and cook @370°F for 5 minutes.
6. Toss romaine, croutons and vegan parmesan with as much caesar dressing as you like to coat leaves. Sprinkle with ground black pepper and additional vegan parmesan. Top with Air Fried Buffalo Soy Curls then drizzle with a little more Caesar dressing.
Caesar dressing adapted from Loving It Vegan